Animelovers411 Connection

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Forum made for the true Animelovers411 viewers! Get to know all new anime lovers and old firends on you new Animelovers411 Connection!

Enjoy anime at 11:00 pm to 5:00 am, Saturday night on Adult Swim!

4 posters

Hellsing - How come there isn't a topic yet?!

Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Hellsing - How come there isn't a topic yet?! Empty Hellsing - How come there isn't a topic yet?!

Post by Iru Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Info taken from wiki, as it probably will be more accurate than mine, I still haven't finished. I may tidy this a bit later
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellsing
    Hellsing - How come there isn't a topic yet?! Hellsi10
    ---
    "In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen."
    Hellsing (ヘルシング, Herushingu?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Kouta Hirano. It first premiered in Young King Ours in 1997 and ended in September 2008. (...) Hellsing chronicles the efforts of the mysterious and secret Hellsing Organization, as it combats vampires, ghouls, and other supernatural foes who threaten England.

Hellsing is named after and centered around the Holy Order of Protestant Knights, originally led by Abraham Van Helsing. The mission of Hellsing is to protect Queen and Country from the undead and other supernatural forces of evil. This organization is currently led by Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing, who inherited the leadership of Hellsing as a child after the death of her father. She is protected by the faithful Hellsing family butler and former Hellsing "trashman," Walter C. Dornez, and Alucard, the original and most powerful vampire that swore loyalty to the Hellsing family after being defeated by Van Helsing one hundred years before the story takes place. These formidable guardians are joined early on in the storyline by former police officer Seras Victoria, whom Alucard turned into a vampire.

An anime series of the same name was produced by Gonzo. Directed by Umanosuke Iida, the series was based on the manga, but used a screenplay by Chiaki Konaka and is significantly different from the manga in terms of plot, though it uses some of the same characters and similar character designs. Spanning 13 episodes, it was broadcast on Japan's Fuji Television from October 10, 2001 to January 16, 2002.

An original video animation (OVA) entitled Hellsing Ultimate is being produced by Satelight and Geneon. It follows the manga storyline more closely than the anime series

As the scale and frequency of incidents involving the undead escalate in England and all around the world, Sir Integra discovers that the remnants of a Nazi group called Millennium still exist and are intent on reviving the Third Reich by creating a battalion of vampires. Millennium, Hellsing, and the Vatican section XIII Iscariot clash in an apocalyptic three-sided war in London, and Millennium reveals its true objective: to destroy the vampire Alucard, ending a feud begun during World War II.
    ---

At the moment, it feels to me that the OVA may be better, solely by the fact it follows the storyline. And the character design (header above). I'm still not over with the anime, but I was more into the OVA I than I am with the anime. Shall see that.
    Fact I need to state: finally, a true vampire. Alucard just owns a very special place for being so, and for that crazed face (heart).
    By the way, it is gory.
    minininja
    minininja
    Sergeant Major Animelogist

Hellsing - How come there isn't a topic yet?! Empty Re: Hellsing - How come there isn't a topic yet?!

Post by minininja Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 am

Very nice Iru
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Hellsing - How come there isn't a topic yet?! Empty Re: Hellsing - How come there isn't a topic yet?!

Post by Iru Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:34 am

(smile). It was also funny to recognise some of the voice actors on Gintama, as I later checked.
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Haven't heard of them. lol
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:55 pm

lol Very funny! it makes sense too
    TGM
    TGM
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by TGM Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Never watched this, I probably won't either. It does look rather interesting
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Sat May 07, 2011 9:54 pm

really? you should at least give it a try right?
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:10 pm

It is good.
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:51 pm

(Lol) Video of the Abridged series (warning for language and, duh, gore): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnIjJexut4

minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:15 pm

XP Blood and Gore can be sweet
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:55 am

Yes, it has its charm.
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:19 pm

I think that's why I enjoyed elfien lied so much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:58 am