Animelovers411 Connection

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Forum made for the true Animelovers411 viewers! Get to know all new anime lovers and old firends on you new Animelovers411 Connection!

Enjoy anime at 11:00 pm to 5:00 am, Saturday night on Adult Swim!

+2
zero
Iru
6 posters

Surrounded by Idiots

Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Surrounded by Idiots Empty Surrounded by Idiots

Post by Iru Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:09 am

Maybe it's just pessimism, but why do I constantly discover idiocy everywhere? And I mean idiocy, not ignorance. I'm not such which one I hate more...
    Oh yeah, I'm saying this because I'm seriously getting irritated with my Chemistry teacher and his lack of good judgement. I would have liked to restrain myself with that but look at this: Imagine you do an experiment. There's an equation that goes A= e.l.c. You don't have the e or the l, those we'll group and make it this way: A=k.c. being the k= e.l., a constant since both e and l are. This gives a linear equation, A/c= k. Then, I want to know the c' for a certain A'. I have the A' but don't have the c', and so, I previously made several experimental values to get a approximated value of k which I calculated, using the calculator, giving an equation of the linear equation that best adjusted to it. I had now the incognit k that I needed. We traced a graphic of the line using paper and wrote in the legend the linear equation we got from the calculator.

Then, when I receive my report of the work, I see a note saying I should have compared the calculated one with the graphic one. (frown) What the hell, it's the same one! I tried to call him to his senses, but he keep insisting it was a different thing and so on. The only thing he could have asked me was the theoric value, but for that he had to give me the value of k (or atleast the e, as I knew the l already). But he didn't. So, no sir, you are wrong.

Does anyone encounters such things as this? Feel free to curse away.
    zero
    zero
    Sergeant Major Animelogist

Surrounded by Idiots Empty Re: Surrounded by Idiots

Post by zero Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:18 pm

I have times like that, where the teacher is just not smart but thinks he is and he wants you to do things his way, and only his way.Or the teacher type that starts to talk to his students like friends and he acts so different then being a real teacher.. Its like just grow up and be the teacher we need if we needed another friend we would of went looking some where else for that not in a class room environment its dum when you really think about it
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Its like just grow up and be the teacher we need if we needed another friend we would of went looking some where else for that not in a class room environment its dum when you really think about it
    I loled.
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Dot you think though? Its so anonying when something like that happens to me, the teacher shouldnt act like that!
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Yeah i had an english teacher who thought she was right about everything and everytime I would seem like I wasn't paying attention she would ask me a question and I would respond with the right answer and she would always get annoyed cause she wanted to show off...
    Zaper_the_Warrior
    Zaper_the_Warrior
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:44 pm

a lot of teachers are just in it for the money now days, so they don't realy care that much. It's really annoying.
    jamalkeys
    jamalkeys
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by jamalkeys Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:07 am

Building upon what Zap said

Someone in my English Class cut turned down from ODU, if I can remember, because she couldn't pay the money upfront all at once, but she had a 3.0

Someone else got accepted with a 2.7

Show's where the schools' loyalties lie these days: a student's willingness to learn or fork out money to learn.
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:56 am

No kidding.... now they have the programs for students no child gets left behind but that is BS....

In my opinion that is just a way for the school systems to get more money. And in certain situations you will find a teacher that actually does care... but that's VERY rare now days...

I'm so glad I graduated two years early...
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:04 am

@ Zero Well, I don't understand much about pedagogy, but I understand your position yes and I agree but I also think a teacher must interact a lot with his students and not neglect them and give the subject away, if you know what I mean.

Well, I'm not very familiar with the english education system but atleast here in public high schools, as high school is obligatory, I think we just pay an apply fee (but I'm not sure anymore). But don't worry, the government makes sure we are ripped.
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:34 am

But I have news.
    Yesterday, when I was finishing a presentation I had to do (no idea why because he said he wouldn't evaluate the presentation), I told the teacher all that I thought, and sure my colleagues thought too. I told him maybe my colleagues don't understand but I understand they cannot be penalized by parameters he didn't mention and that he cannot give absolutely no orientation to us in the works he wants, so he can just give the note he wants as he pleases.

These are the time where I'm glad I cry easily: "That's what I call despotism". Take that, you vile man. I never felt this relieved.
    One of my friends that kept saying "Let her finish!" fetch me after and said "One needed balls to do what you did." Aw, I must thank her for calming me down.

Doing the difference, do it!
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:20 am

I completely agree with you Iru
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:28 am

Thank you (smile)
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 am

That's alot of the reason why I hated going to public school.... The teachers always thought that just because I was drawing or something of the sort that I wasn't paying any attention... they always thought that I was just some stupid little teenage girl who knew nothing... -_-
    But whenever they asked me a question about the lesson or asked me to explain something I always showed them up and made them feel like an idiot... it was rather amusing at times but at others it was rather frustrating....
    jamalkeys
    jamalkeys
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by jamalkeys Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:25 pm

You know what, I'm not using color for this one

It's strange how the teachers of a school system will be so glad to point you out, but then when you prove your knowledge and answer whatever BS surprise question they give you, they shoot you the "teacher look" and turn right back around after saying a simple "good"

No "I'm impressed that you listened after all"...just a simple, dead "good" to try to save face in front of her young apprentices

No wonder I oppose the system...because it's ran by a bunch of egotistical idiots who is only out for that paycheck and that ego boost instead of wanting to mold the minds of tomorrow

And that's my rant.
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:13 am

i agree...
    Zaper_the_Warrior
    Zaper_the_Warrior
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Zaper_the_Warrior Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:34 pm

yep, that about sums it all up.
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:27 am

Meh, i'm pretty convinced that people in general have their own level of stupidity and idiocy so when someone acts stupid or thinks they know everything I just see them as being pathetic because they feel the need to try and put you down because they can't handle whatever it is that is going wrong in their life. I just sum it up as they just add on to the idiots of society
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:27 am

I totally agree with you about the teachers having to inter act with there student but theres ways to do it and some ways not to do it , the teacher needs to have control but set the limits higher for the students

KidGoku10
    KidGoku10
    Pirvate Second Class Animelogist

Post by KidGoku10 Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:36 pm

ok my cousin had a math teacher who half the year passed everyone but the other half failed the class and then said u guys dont listen. my cousin said he could have been in advanced math if he passed
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Wow that's crazy .. but everyone fails at one point some more than others but overall it is because of the teacher and all that students don't pass
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Wow that's crazy .. but everyone fails at one point some more than others but overall it is because of the teacher and all that students don't pass
    KidGoku10
    KidGoku10

Post by KidGoku10 Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:19 pm

well the teacher was new at the time he failed most of the class last half of the school year
    minininja
    minininja

Post by minininja Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:56 pm

My geometry teacher tried to do that with me. But, I did all of my homework and passed all of the tests but she still claimed i failed. I went to the principal and brought all of my work from that class and showed him the grade on my report card and made him put me in a different class.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:04 pm