Animelovers411 Connection

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Forum made for the true Animelovers411 viewers! Get to know all new anime lovers and old firends on you new Animelovers411 Connection!

Enjoy anime at 11:00 pm to 5:00 am, Saturday night on Adult Swim!

+2
TGM
gaara`s land
6 posters

What do you think started anime for america?

gaara`s land
    gaara`s land
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

What do you think started anime for america? Empty What do you think started anime for america?

Post by gaara`s land Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:32 pm

i believe it was the transformation of culture from japan to the usa, what do u think?
    TGM
    TGM
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

What do you think started anime for america? Empty Re: What do you think started anime for america?

Post by TGM Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:02 am

idk. lol
    OnomichiSaruokami
    OnomichiSaruokami
    Sergeant Major Animelogist

What do you think started anime for america? Empty Re: What do you think started anime for america?

Post by OnomichiSaruokami Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:50 am

idk either. Maybe because it falls under the category of entertainment and cartoons.
    chibixdesigner
    chibixdesigner
    Pirvite First Class Animelogist
    Pirvite First Class Animelogist

Post by chibixdesigner Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:42 pm

that makes the most sense tho
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:03 pm

OnomichiSaruokami wrote:idk either. Maybe because it falls under the category of entertainment and cartoons.

i mean think about it !! your totally right
    OnomichiSaruokami
    OnomichiSaruokami

Post by OnomichiSaruokami Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:26 am

I am? O_o
    gaara`s land
    gaara`s land
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by gaara`s land Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:27 pm

huh?
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm

wow you guys lost me
    gaara`s land
    gaara`s land
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by gaara`s land Mon May 10, 2010 8:17 pm

lets stay on topic now lol, also with out the globalization of anime we america would be really behind on the entertainment world!
    MintyAkuma
    MintyAkuma
    Class D Animelogist
    Class D Animelogist

Post by MintyAkuma Sat May 22, 2010 7:30 pm

gaara`s land wrote:i believe it was the transformation of culture from japan to the usa, what do u think?

Hmmm i agree that Japanese culture heavily influenced America, especially after WWII and the Economy boom. Of course the U.S. was seeing many contributions from the Japanese like cars, computers and the culture itself. Myself being half- Japanese, i was slightly curious myself as to how anime brought itself into America, but i would have to say the Shows that were brought to us like Akira which was probably the most influential anime to bring its popularity to America. Also shows like Gatchaman, Speed-Racer. Even though Anime itself started in Japan, the earlier anime's like Astro boy By Legendary manga artist Tezuka was inspired by Disney.
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Sat May 22, 2010 9:23 pm

oH ok now i get it , so are you trying to say that america had maybe just as much or even a little bit more influence on japans entertainment and culture or cartoons as they have on use in america .Also Astro boy and Speed racer didnt they come from america and were spread to japan?
    MintyAkuma
    MintyAkuma
    Class D Animelogist
    Class D Animelogist

Post by MintyAkuma Sun May 23, 2010 10:40 am

zero wrote:oH ok now i get it , so are you trying to say that America had maybe just as much or even a little bit more influence on japans entertainment and culture or cartoons as they have on use in america .Also Astro boy and Speed racer didnt they come from America and were spread to japan?

Well Astro boy didn't get released to America and other countries until the 1980's. It got brodcasted in japan in 1963. Speed racer was released in the 1950's in japan and wasn't brodcasted until the 1967-1968. Both of these animes had been altered by American media to fit the u.s. younger generation.

Well i believe that both countries had always had an influence on each other after WWII. For example if you go to japan( especially in Tokyo) the youth is becoming heavily influenced by American culture, as if they were to come over here, The majority of youth here knows or has an understanding of what anime is/ or where it came from.
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Sun May 23, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks

But your totally right that war did make a change and an influence not only in anime but other items or cultures as well , an example would be Sodia , japan has many flavors of sodia and we were inspired to make more flavors. I'm sure the young kids or teens have a great idea about anime in America as well because these spread so well and the war had an impact of , many things one is entertainment . Such as anime

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 03, 2024 7:34 pm