Animelovers411 Connection

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Forum made for the true Animelovers411 viewers! Get to know all new anime lovers and old firends on you new Animelovers411 Connection!

Enjoy anime at 11:00 pm to 5:00 am, Saturday night on Adult Swim!

+4
Yoko-chan
OnomichiSaruokami
chibixdesigner
YuYu
8 posters

Favorite Japanese Bands? (Any Musical genre.)

YuYu
    YuYu
    First Lieuteniant Animelogist
    First Lieuteniant Animelogist

Favorite Japanese Bands? (Any Musical genre.) Empty Favorite Japanese Bands? (Any Musical genre.)

Post by YuYu Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Since I didn't see a topic for this, I figured I'd make it.

What Japanese music bands/groups/ singers/etc. do you like?

try to name the musical genre along with them.

I myself,

For Rock; One of my big faves is BUCK-TICK.

I remember watching Nightwalker long ago on the now defunct South American anime channel, Locomotion, and loving the intro theme. (Gessaki) I searched around for it forever, and thats what brought me to Buck Tick. i like many of their songs, though I don't particularly like their recent album, "Memento Mori"

Shotaro Morikubo.

Blame the Megaman/Rockman X series for this one. Haha.
    Megaman X6 had rushed localization, which resulted in both the Original Japanese opening and ending themes being left in. the opening, "Moonlight" really was probably the most awesome piece I had heard ever, so I liked his style. I have a few of his songs on my MP3 player.

Now, i do like a little bit of Metal in my diet, and for that, I really like Moi Dix Mois.

Yesssss, the infamous trap Mana and his crew. Its very amazing how he manages to incorporate classical elements with metal. It really gives their music a very unique feel and sound.

So yeah. take it away guys.
    chibixdesigner
    chibixdesigner
    Pirvite First Class Animelogist

Favorite Japanese Bands? (Any Musical genre.) Empty Re: Favorite Japanese Bands? (Any Musical genre.)

Post by chibixdesigner Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Idk much of them
    OnomichiSaruokami
    OnomichiSaruokami
    Sergeant Major Animelogist

Favorite Japanese Bands? (Any Musical genre.) Empty Re: Favorite Japanese Bands? (Any Musical genre.)

Post by OnomichiSaruokami Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 am

Gackt

Because he's simply awesome
    chibixdesigner
    chibixdesigner

Post by chibixdesigner Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:06 pm

I have to try that stuff
    Yoko-chan
    Yoko-chan
    Major Animelogist
    Major Animelogist

Post by Yoko-chan Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:32 am

Oh i've already posted this in another topic, but i'll write them again. Hope it's no problem. For j-pop i love KAT-TUN, Arashi, NewS, Kanjani8 and j-rock - Gackt, L'Arc en Ciel, Miyavi, The Gazette, Quaff. I wake up with a Quaff song, my ringtone is KAT-TUN's "Love yourself" (you have to listen to it; i swear you'll like it). Very Happy
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:18 am

i need to hear this stuff post a video plz
    Yoko-chan
    Yoko-chan
    Major Animelogist
    Major Animelogist

Post by Yoko-chan Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:44 am

Sure thing! It will be taugh to pick just one song for each, but i'll do my best:
    KAT-TUN - Love yourself
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FmOtKzCMag&feature=PlayList&p=7027F7442DFDBC4F&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=10

Other KAT-TUN songs i recommend and you find them on youtube: Lips, Fight all night, Keep the faith, Harukana Yakusoku, Hell no, Real face, Bokura no machi de, Going, You, Don't you ever stop, No more pain, Yorokobi no uta ...

Arashi - Trublemaker
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92WYNfCKSAc

NewS - Summer time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RapQ1lmC914

Kanjani8 - Naniwa iroha bushi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8IAl3dwNjE

Other Kanjani8 songs i recommend: Wahaha, Zukkoke otokomichi

Gackt - Redemption (all time favorite song; perfect lyrics, perfect voice, perfect video... everything's perfect!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gEyiu3Mymg

Other Gackt songs i recommend: Vanilla, Maria, Solitary, Mizerable, Jesus, Ghost, Returner, Lust for blood, Wasurenaikara, Sayonara (i swear i cryed when i first heared it), Uncertain memory...

L'Arc en Ciel - Stay away
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plfrjkfMZcY

Miyavi - Selfish love (another perfect song; the samurai guitarist rullezzzz!!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Vq1svWg6E&feature=related

Other Miyavi songs i recommend: Kimi ni negai wo, Itoshii hito, Senor senora senorita, Jibun kakumei, Hi no hikari sae todokanai kono basho de, Ashita genki ni naare, What a wonderful world (no, it's not a cover or anything), Ku ku ru...

The Gazette - Reila (really sad song; word on the street is that Reila was one of the band's member's girlfriend and she died)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQagMJl9C8&playnext_from=TL&videos=_TfNbTeAjQI

Other The Gazette cool songs: Mayakashi, Cassis

Quaff - they have an official youtube account but they only upload parts of their concerts so the audio is not so great. They do however have an official Myspace account and you can listen to a lot of their songs over there. I strongly suggest you listen to Metropolis Saihara (best song), Boots and Joker, Kurabe.
    Their Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/quaffjapan
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 pm

omg i cant beat that post .... O.O
    Yoko-chan
    Yoko-chan
    Major Animelogist
    Major Animelogist

Post by Yoko-chan Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:31 am

Teehee! Well since you asked, i had to answer, right? So i did my best! Very Happy Listen to the first song i posted there and then listen to Miyavi's song. Start with these two.
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:10 pm

(gasp) Yo-Yoko-chan... You know I'm not that around J-music but... Gackt - Redemption, that was just wow, I really like it (yay new discovery) Thank you so much!

Oh, no one talked about Nightmare? I fancy them.
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:23 pm

And Miyavi, he rocks my socks.
    Yoko-chan
    Yoko-chan
    Major Animelogist
    Major Animelogist

Post by Yoko-chan Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:58 am

Uwaaaaaaaaa Iru-chan let me give you a huge fangirl hug! Gackt's song Redemption is my all time favorite song followed very closely by Miyavi's Selfish Love. They so rock!!
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:05 am

(opens arms) I think the video of Redemption is amazing. Miyavi's is just so catchy and I really like his personality (hum, from what I saw, can't explain it well~).
    Yoko-chan
    Yoko-chan
    Major Animelogist
    Major Animelogist

Post by Yoko-chan Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:27 am

I know exactly what you mean. I have no idea how he can pull that off. He's a great artist, a great entertainer, has a great personality, is hot as hell, is also a proud husband and father... Miyavi saiko!! Very Happy
    As for the Redemption video, i honestly think it's the best video i've ever seen. This song has touching lyrics, has an awesome video and an awesome singer with an awesome voice. Everything's just awesome. Very Happy
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:58 am

wait wait wait what and what i need to see this movie???? please
    Yoko-chan
    Yoko-chan
    Major Animelogist
    Major Animelogist

Post by Yoko-chan Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:33 am

Mmmmmm wait a sec, you lost me! Very Happy What movie? Gackt's video for the song named Redemption? I put the link up there in the big post if that's what you mean. If not, what movie are you talking about?
    Saito Hajime
    Saito Hajime

Post by Saito Hajime Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:23 pm

I like Girls Dead Monster but i don't know the genre.
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:05 pm

that sounds jrockish dont you think??
    TGM
    TGM
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by TGM Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:00 pm

eh. I'm only crazy about one of their songs. <.<

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:11 am