Animelovers411 Connection

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello, Welcome to animelovers411 Connection! Please Login or Sign up With us!
Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Forum made for the true Animelovers411 viewers! Get to know all new anime lovers and old firends on you new Animelovers411 Connection!

Enjoy anime at 11:00 pm to 5:00 am, Saturday night on Adult Swim!

+5
zero
L
OnomichiSaruokami
gaara`s land
luffydrunk
9 posters

What are some "horror/scary/cool/out-of-this… anime shows/manga?

luffydrunk
    luffydrunk
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

What are some "horror/scary/cool/out-of-this… anime shows/manga? Empty What are some "horror/scary/cool/out-of-this… anime shows/manga?

Post by luffydrunk Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:13 am

Okay, well I've been reading stuff like Death Note, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh!, One Piece, and Bleach. It's getting boring. Is there any "horror, scary, cool, out-of-this-world" anime shows/manga that you guys can think of? It doesn't matter how many you list. Suggestions for MOSTLY anything is welcome!

like anything can help guys
    gaara`s land
    gaara`s land
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

What are some "horror/scary/cool/out-of-this… anime shows/manga? Empty Re: What are some "horror/scary/cool/out-of-this… anime shows/manga?

Post by gaara`s land Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:16 pm

well theirs blood, thats a little horror, idk
    OnomichiSaruokami
    OnomichiSaruokami
    Sergeant Major Animelogist

What are some "horror/scary/cool/out-of-this… anime shows/manga? Empty Re: What are some "horror/scary/cool/out-of-this… anime shows/manga?

Post by OnomichiSaruokami Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:22 pm

Blood+
    L
    L
    Pirvite First Class Animelogist
    Pirvite First Class Animelogist

Post by L Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:28 pm

also theirs death note it has a gothic feel in the manga
    OnomichiSaruokami
    OnomichiSaruokami

Post by OnomichiSaruokami Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:15 am

He said he was sick of Death Note along with the list of other animes we know.
    luffydrunk
    luffydrunk
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by luffydrunk Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:46 pm

L wrote:also theirs death note it has a gothic feel in the manga

remember there that there are more anime/manga`s then deathnote Very Happy
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm

LOL that's true but, that was kinds mean LOL so yea blood is really good one like for I haven't really seen it though but I had friends who loved it so much they go crazy about it
    gaara`s land
    gaara`s land
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by gaara`s land Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 pm

LOL that's true but, that was kinds mean LOL so yea blood is really good one like for I haven't really seen it though but I had friends who loved it so much they go crazy about it

u should get into it, the art and blood gives me dreams Twisted Evil
    YuYu
    YuYu
    First Lieuteniant Animelogist
    First Lieuteniant Animelogist

Post by YuYu Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:21 am

haha thats kinda funny if you ask me
    4N4K5Up3r
    Class D Animelogist
    Class D Animelogist

Post by 4N4K5Up3r Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:09 am

how bout cage of eden the plot like lost(drama series) but its not black smoke its extinct creature that hunt the survivor
    elfen lied its hardcore manga lots of blood and its cool must watch if you like gore
    akumetsu unique story like death note kill bad person (must watch too)
    check it on onemanga peace Smile
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Besides those, horror manga I remember there's Doubt, Count Cain - Godchild and Monster.

Doubt is about a celular game where you have to find the lying wolf among the rabbits or else they'll get killed by the wolf. Some players make up a meeting and next thing they know they are in an abandoned building and this time they will be playing themselves the game.
    Godchild is the sequel of Cain Saga. Set up in the victorian period, Cain is the (in)famous young head of the Hargreaves and besides being a expert in poisons he's also cursed, as his father vigorously proclaimed before jumping into the ocean. Crime seeks him and Cain doesn't back off: acompanied by his butler, he solves the mysterious cases. But seems that crime is not the only thing that seeks Cain... But you can also check any other manga by the mangaka, Yuki Kaori.
    Monster I am currently reading, there's an anime too. It's very seriously portrayed and from what I know it's very well regarded manga. It revolves around a brilliant cirurgian and some murders that happened, I can't really tell you clearly yet.

Now if I were to recommend you, I personally like the manga DOGS.
    Summary from my post: In a near future, corruption and dehumanization, allied with genetic manipulation, led an european city to a dystopic underground, where you live to fight and fight to live. Our protagonists are well-aware of that truth: Haine Rammsteiner, the genetic engineering experiment guy, Badou Nails, the instigator, Naoto Fuyumine, the fierce female warrior and Mihai Mihaeroff, the retired assassin. They all have a common thing that haunts them: the past. We follow this group of adventurers in their quest for answers who, eventually, is brought together.

And as daymas said, all able to be found in onemanga.
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Ah, I just remember about the When They Cry series: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Umineko no Naku Koro ni anime inspired in the game.
    Both are murder mysteries and contain a lot of gore. I just watched Umineko (yet again have to finish it sigh) and I actually enjoyed watching, but ofc, imo.

From Wiki about Umineko
    The story focuses on a group of eighteen people on a secluded island for a period of two days, and the mysterious murders that befall most of the people. The goal of the game is to discern whether the murderer is human or of some other supernatural source.

The Higurashi plot is similar but
    The series is focused on a group of young friends and the strange events that occur in the rural village Hinamizawa where they reside.
    Yoko-chan
    Yoko-chan
    Major Animelogist
    Major Animelogist

Post by Yoko-chan Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:18 am

I've seen Elfen Lied and i'm either not a gore fan or i just didn't like the anime itself. I would only recommend it if you know for a fact you're a gore fan.
    Iru-chan, "Doubt" seems to be really interesting! I think i might give it a try even tho i'm not actually that into horror / gore kind of manga... The story does seem captivating. Very Happy
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:12 am

Yes, Yoko-chan, I personally liked Doubt, because even though there were people dying, it was mysterious and you keep looking forward to see who is the wolf. Not really grand but still very well put in my opinion.
    Yoko-chan
    Yoko-chan
    Major Animelogist
    Major Animelogist

Post by Yoko-chan Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:47 am

The story sounds interesting, i just have "something" stopping me. I keep thinking of Elfen Lied every time i hear about this kind of anime and since i know how i feel about Elfen Lied i ... well you know. But anywayz, i will give it a try nevertheless. Very Happy
    zero
    zero

Post by zero Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 am

i was looking elfen lied today but went with shuffle instead
    Yoko-chan
    Yoko-chan
    Major Animelogist
    Major Animelogist

Post by Yoko-chan Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 am

Hmmm ... dunno what Shuffle is...
    Iru
    Iru
    Senior Animelogist
    Senior Animelogist

Post by Iru Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Ah, I've seen Shuffle, the anime. I can't remember well but I do remember it's a harem-romance-tragedy-supernatural. I think a boy is somehow gifted in some point where 2 females princesses (?), a succubus and angel?, are sent and try to become is partner. Besides that there's also his chidhood friend and another. Anyway, I was not very happy since I was rooting for the childhood friend, the main guy didn't leave a strong impression on me.
    Guess that's what you get from an adult game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:39 am